14 award-winning Midlands pubs to try out
Fourteen Midlands pubs have won Everards’ ‘Make A Difference Awards’. Check out the list below, or read on to find out more…
Your local landlord or landlady doesn’t often get to be on the other side of the bar. That’s why every year Everards invites the business owners who run its 175 pub estate to a day to celebrate the hard work that goes into making a great pub. That day is called the ‘Make A Difference Awards’.
This annual get together provides a rare day out of the pub to enjoy a fantastic meal and a fun day at Leicester Racecourse. But the day is also about recognising business owners who have gone above and beyond to make a difference to their pub and communities. This could be through innovative events, money raised for charities, as well as exciting experiences for their customers.
Trip to Florence
This year, 14 pubs were awarded Make A Difference Awards. These winners will join the Everards team on a trip to Florence, Italy later in the year as a thank you for all their hard work.
“We had another great day at Leicester Racecourse this year. It was a pleasure to host everyone, crown our 14 winners and celebrate such successful businesses. We are proud of every one of our pubs and it’s great to be able to recognise the hard work the business owners all put in throughout the year,” said Richard Everard.
The 14 Winners
You may have visited one of the winning pubs, or it could even be your local. They are:
- Kevin & Dee at The Old Horse, Leicester
- Stuart & Luke at The Architect, Cambridge
- John & Moira at the Sir Robert Peel, Leicester
- Chris & Yolanda at the White Lion Inn Whissendine
- Paul & Gaynor at The Bulls Head Cosby
- Mick & Lynda at The New Inn, Enderby
- Sam at The Forge, Glenfield (The Beautiful Pubs Collective)
- Richard & Catherine at The Red Admiral, Broughton Astley
- Alan & Sarah at The Black Horse, Aylestone
- Jim & Sue at The Pheasant, Wellington
- Jayme at The Bulls Head, Ratby
- Zoe & Mark at The Queen Victoria, Syston
- Paul & Lisa at the Elephant & Castle, Thurlaston
- Paul & Margo at The Barley Mow Cosgrove
If you’re interested in running your own independent pub business, visit the Everards website to find out more.