A recipe from Rupert Rowley, head chef at Fischer’s in Derbyshire
By Rupert Rowley (pictured), head chef at Michelin-starred Fischer’s at Baslow Hall
Christmas Pudding Soufflé
500g Christmas pudding mixture (cooked)
300g apple juice
100g Benriach Scotch whisky
150g Pedro Ximenez sherry
150g egg whites
Caramel powder (optional)
1. Warm the apple juice and thicken with cornflour.
2. Add whisky and sherry and crumble in the Christmas pudding mix.
3. Blend in a food processor until smooth.
4. Beat the egg whites and sugar and stir in 70g soufflé base.
5. Line ramekins with powdered caramel (optional) and pour in mixture.
6. Bake for 16 mins at 180C (Gas Mark 4).
7. Serve with ice cream and Benriach Scotch Whisky.